Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Pies
I’m going to stop there before I embarrass myself, but you should know that the above scenario continues for quite a while. So you eat four, so you eat five, so you eat six…you get the idea. It just keeps on going.
These little pies are fabulous. I’m not a big fan of pie crust, so I wasn’t sure I’d love these. Something magical happens though and the sweetness from the cookie dough turns the pie crust into something amazing. Sweet, flaky, and all kinds of amazing.
- Pie Dough, 2 9-inch rounds, store bought or homemade
- Chocolate Chip Cookie dough - 1 recipe homemade or 1 tube store bought
- water, for sealing the edges
- sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove your pie dough from the package and give it a quick roll to flatten it out just a bit. If using a homemade dough, roll it into 2 large circles about 1/4 inch thick and 9 inches in diameter.
- Using a 3 1/2 inch round biscuit cutter or a glass, cut circles from the dough. Re-roll the dough as needed to cut circles from the dough, about 16 dough circles total.
- Place 1-2 heaping tablespoons of dough in the center of half of the pie dough circles.
- Brush the edges of the pie dough with water and place the remaining pie dough circles on top.
- Use your fingers to press and seal the edges or use a fork to crimp them together.
- Brush the tops with a little water and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.